FDM101: Learning to 3D print
Thanks for your interest in FDM 101: Learning to 3D print!
This is the first 3D printing workshop for the University of Wyoming Coe Student Innovation Center (CSIC) makerspace, and teaches you how to use the Prusa i3 MK3S 3D printers at our state-of-the-art makerspace! You'll need to attend this course before you can use any of our FDM 3D printers at the CSIC or the EERB SIC unsupervised. FDM 101 covers makerspace basics, 3D printing applications, Prusa 3D printer anatomy and operation, including materials and software. By the end of the 60 minute workshop, you should have a firm understanding of:
- What 3D printing is, where it’s being used, and why.
- What materials are used by our Prusa 3D printers
- How the hardware and printers work together, and why it’s important to know about both.
- The workflow and software required to use 3D printers easily and effectively.
Please make sure to enroll in the Makerspace Badge Training Program to ensure you receive a badge at the end of this course. You can use your badges to track what you've learned, show potential employers, and (after earning enough badges) even receive fun perks like discounted or free material use, after-hours access, and even an invitation to participate and vote as part of the Makerspace Community Subcommittee. Almost all of our equipment requires training and badges before use.
- Thursday, October 10, 2019
- 4:00pm - 5:00pm